First and foremost, I just want to say THANK YOU to Cassandra Clare for taking time out of her busy schedule to read my review for her book, City of Bones. It totally made my night to receive her comment. Cassie's the best! Check out my review for City of Bones and go buy the book!

Anyway, I wasn't intending on posting anything today, but I somehow stumbled upon this during the afternoon:



That, my friends, is the library of my dreams. Long have I wished for a library that rivals that of Beauty & the Beast. And now I have found it! Oh, sweet beautiful tomes! I am here and I am waiting!

Sadly, it belongs to Jay Walker, who you might know as the founder of Priceline.com. Walker apparently fashioned his home around the idea of this amazing library. His Bibliotheque extraordinaire is also host to innumerable treasures, just check it out for yourselves.

Sigh. I do believe I'm in love.

2 COMMENTS
  1. I think it's pretty awesome that she reads and comments on reviews... she really is involved in her fan community, which is pretty sweet.

    In regard to the library, at first glance I assumed it was a CGI thing for a film... hard to believe it's real. How awesome was that?!?

    Posted on October 9, 2008 at 8:22 AM

     
  2. That's what I thought too and it took me a good moment to realize what it really was. Shock and awe, my friend. Shock and awe.

    Posted on October 9, 2008 at 11:40 AM

     

Post a Comment